1753893 Members
7789 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Newbie question and Guide on setting up 6200yl vlan using vconfig on linux

edwardfrancisco

Newbie question and Guide on setting up 6200yl vlan using vconfig on linux

Hi,

I am new at this VLAN thing, im reading a lot of samples and configuration which pertains to vlan implementation and yes some of them help me understand a lot. well anyway i have this issue right now with my network. I have 9 building all of them are connected via fiber and all of them are connected in my 6200yl switch.

What i need to do is configure a vlan for each buiding . with the following setup:

a. Building 1 - 10.10.0.0/24

b. Building 2 - 20.20.0.0/24

and so on and so forth till it reaches building 9. I have an active directory servers and a window based dhcp servers, also I have one linux box that have vconfig and dhcp enabled.

Linux box config

1. eth0 - 0.0.0.0

2. eth0.1 - 10.10.0.1/24

3. eth0.2 - 20.20.0.1/24

4. and so on and so forth till it reaches the 90.90.0.x subnet.  this ip are meant for each building that i have. Now what am i facing, i need a sample configuration for both from :

1. the switch and

2. dhcpd config if there is any special configuation that needs to be configured.

I am attaching network drawings so you can visualize what i am trying to achieve here. each building is connected via different switches.

** I dont have any cisco switches all of them are hp or 3com(new 3com switch)

Can anyone help me to start the sample configuration. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks