Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question and Guide on setting up 6200yl vlan using vconfig on linux

edwardfrancisco
Occasional Visitor

Newbie question and Guide on setting up 6200yl vlan using vconfig on linux

Hi,

I am new at this VLAN thing, im reading a lot of samples and configuration which pertains to vlan implementation and yes some of them help me understand a lot. well anyway i have this issue right now with my network. I have 9 building all of them are connected via fiber and all of them are connected in my 6200yl switch.

What i need to do is configure a vlan for each buiding . with the following setup:

a. Building 1 - 10.10.0.0/24

b. Building 2 - 20.20.0.0/24

and so on and so forth till it reaches building 9. I have an active directory servers and a window based dhcp servers, also I have one linux box that have vconfig and dhcp enabled.

Linux box config

1. eth0 - 0.0.0.0

2. eth0.1 - 10.10.0.1/24

3. eth0.2 - 20.20.0.1/24

4. and so on and so forth till it reaches the 90.90.0.x subnet.  this ip are meant for each building that i have. Now what am i facing, i need a sample configuration for both from :

1. the switch and

2. dhcpd config if there is any special configuation that needs to be configured.

I am attaching network drawings so you can visualize what i am trying to achieve here. each building is connected via different switches.

** I dont have any cisco switches all of them are hp or 3com(new 3com switch)

Can anyone help me to start the sample configuration. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks