Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time password-2510

pucek
Occasional Contributor

One time password-2510

Hi!

I would like to know procedure of password recovery. I have one time password from HP for my switch but i don't know how to use it. My switch is 2510
4 REPLIES
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: One time password-2510

very easy password recovery on ProCurve

push clear buton with pencil

clear buton switch left front side

cenk
cenk

Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

The One time password is used if you Disabled the Front-Panel clear/reset button and forgot the password.

So the way to clear the password is with One Time password recovery.

In this case you have to contact HP support, as they will help you access the switch one time to reset the password.

More info are here:
http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/2510-Security-Jul2008-59914763.pdf

Good luck !!!
Science for Everyone
pucek
Occasional Contributor

Ok there is no solution for me because manual says only that i need to contact to customer service and i did it. Believe me or not but they gnenarate one time password but they can't help me with the process of recovery because probably they don't know how to do it. It is very not proffesional. So please if someone did this process please help!
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Hi pucek,

I don't know what support in Poland does, but I had the same problem with a 2900. I had to send the proof of purchase and the support team in Holland contacted me and I had to give the base mac and some more info that they need to generate a 1 time password. I had to be connected by console to the switch otherwise it would not work. The process is not available outside of the support teams.