6070 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM + 2.1 Events Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Baldrick

PCM + 2.1 Events Problem

We recently moved the server which has PCM installed to a new subnet and IP address. Previously it was working fine and I was receiving traps triggering events in PCM from all connected switches. However after the move the only events I get are Traffic Monitor, Config Manager and Discovery events but nothing from individual devices.
The Community Read and Write names are correct and ALL switches were updated to change the Trap Receiver IP address to the servers new one. Also I have tested communicastions in PCM+ which reports that all is well.
Any idea's ?
7 REPLIES 7
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: PCM + 2.1 Events Problem

It sounds like something else may be bound to port 162.

From the FAQ:

Make sure there are no other processes bound to port 162. This includes the Windows SNMP Trap Receiver Service.

Try TCPView to verify that the PCM process is bound to port 162.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/TcpView.mspx
Baldrick

This is the only PM service I can see using TCPview ??
PMService.exe:6136 TCP wnchaap26:9003 wnchaap26:0 LISTENING

There is nothing I can see on Port 162?
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Look for 'snmptrap'

Otherwise to see it easier (so it will show you the port 162) go to Options, and uncheck 'resolve addresses' You should then be able to find port 162 quite easily.

It should be bound to javaw.exe which is PCM.

If you're still stuck can you attach a screenshot or the output of the TCPView somehow?
Baldrick

I assume this is what you are referring to?

TrapReceiver.exe:632 UDP 0.0.0.0:162 *:*
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes! That's the one, you need to find out what that process is, stop the service preferably, or kill it as a last resort - and then restart the PCM services.

On the restart the javaw.exe should then own 162 - and you'll start receiving your traps.

Don't forget to assign points to any replies you receive here.
Baldrick

Thanks Matt, Yes port 162 had been stolen from PCM by some other Network monitoring software installed without my knowledge. Stopped the process and now all fine.
Cheers !
Baldrick

Resolved, Closing Thread !