1752513 Members
5438 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCM 2.2 Remote client

Tony Barrett_2
Frequent Advisor

PCM 2.2 Remote client

I've just setup a PCM 2.21+ remote client and noticed not only that you can't seem to configure traffic collection, but you also can't view any traffic stats either!

All this works ok from the main PCM console.

Is this by design, or am I missing something?

9 REPLIES 9
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Works fine for me Tony. Do you have any firewalls enabled on the client or in between the the server and the client?

All I've ever had to do is edit the access.txt file to allow my client.
JGames
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue, no traffic tab present.
Tony Barrett_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Matt. I've now tried this on 3 different clients (Win2k, WinXP and Win2k3) all with no firewalls or local f/w disabled. Every one shows the same 'issue'.

When the PCM remote client fires up, the Dashboard view shows an empty area where the traffic stats normally reside, and all options to configure traffic collection, view traffic stats etc appear completely removed from the remote client.

The remote client has a slightly different toolbar to the full server GUI, but most of the features are present except traffic!

Maybe this is by design, maybe not, but I thought the remote client was fully functional!
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

You've definitely got a problem there Tony, are you running Update 5? Also do you see the same problem when logging in via the Administrator account? If you're on Update 5 and are also logged in as Administrator, I'd recommend you contact support for further troubleshooting.
Bob Eadie

I'm having the same problem with PCM2.2.
Using the Remote Client I see no traffic details - the pane is just blue blank (though it shows on the server screen). Also, the HELP menu displays only ABOUT, and no help.
Where do I find 'update 5' if that is relevant?
thanks,
Bob
Tony Barrett_2
Frequent Advisor

Matt, I'm definately running update 5, so it's the latest patch.

Glad I'm not alone on this though. Seems like there are some others who are experiencing this problem as well.

Frank J. Wood

Would it be possible to post the general size of you network (#device?, #ports?) and the number of ports you have configured to be monitored by traffic?

Also, are you sending syslog from those devices to the PCM server?

Thanks,
Frank
Procurve
Bob Eadie

I could give all that info, BUT I think the problem is related to the fact that I cannot see anything helpful under the HELP menu either (what about you Tony?) . .
And the fact that TRAFFIC does not appear in the Preferences tree wouldn't seem to depend on how much traffic there is?
Anyway, we have 48 discovered devices, averaging perhaps 30 ports per device?
Bob
Jeff Rowan
Occasional Visitor

I have the same issue after removing the client and re-installing. Was there ever any resolution to this problem?