Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCM+2.3 Device Status History Error

J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

PCM+2.3 Device Status History Error

Hi all.

For some reason, PCM+2.3 insists on showing at least 2 inaccessible devices in the Device Status History panel. This is incorrect, since all devices are reported accessible in the list. I would expect that the info in history panel is the same as the device list, only with a history, but this seems not to be the case.
Every now and again PCM+ reports a random device inaccessible in the device list, and this is reflected in the history panel as it should. The devices are in fact always accessible, work fine and are less then 10% loaded but this is an old issue from every version of PCM I've used. I live with it.
The history issue bothers me, though. If I reboot PCM+ it reports correctly again, but eventually falls back to at least two inaccessible devices in the history panels.
I have 2824, 6108, 2626PWR and AP530 devices on the network.
There is always one more bug ...
3 REPLIES
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

Re: PCM+2.3 Device Status History Error

Now I have at least one unreachable device in PCM until I restart the client application. Looks like a bug to me. The history panel seems gets stuck with an arbitrary number of unreachable devices (well ... one or two so far).
There is always one more bug ...
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

Re: PCM+2.3 Device Status History Error

I have noticed the same behaviour on PCM+2.3.
Also the network map does not show my AP530s connections as well as AP420 connected to 1700 or 1800. The connections only seem to work well with my 2600, 2610 and 2800 series.
I am a bit surpirsed over the bugs which I did not notice in 2.2.
I have reported the second part to HP but the answer was they will try to reproduce and if so send in a bug fix request.
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

Re: PCM+2.3 Device Status History Error

Well, now using PCM+ 2.322 update 7.

In "Network Management Home", the error is there: sometimes a device seems to be stuck as inaccessible in the history pane.

Clicking down to "Interconnect Devices", everything is fine, and the history pane shows what actually happened.
There is always one more bug ...