Re: PCM+ 3.00.106 database problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Massimo Poletti_1
Frequent Advisor

PCM+ 3.00.106 database problem

Hi,
PCM after login sends this alert:
12/16/2009 12:10:24 - ProCurve Manager is no longer receiving events or traps.
SQL Exception
Table '.\netmgmt\networkevent' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

How could I repair the table?
PCM doesn't work very well now!

Thanks
Massimo Poletti
14 REPLIES 14
Massimo Poletti_1
Frequent Advisor

UPDATE:

using mysqlcheck (see http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1260976766746+28353475&threadId=1282351)

I'm able to check:
netmgmt.networkevent
warning : Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
error : Found 1683 keys of 1682
error : Corrupt

but not to repair (-r switch):
Repairing tables
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\server\mysql\bin\mysqlcheck.exe: Got error:
1142: INSERT command denied to user 'mpoletti'@'localhost' for table 'networkev
ent' when executing 'REPAIR TABLE ... '

Suggestions?
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Massimo,

You can try the following steps to see if they work. I can't guarantee success but I acquired these from some of the PCM engineers that have worked with similar issues before.

** Back up the event tables shown in the Message Notification. For example if the table name in the popup dialog refers to NetworkEvent table, then back up all SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/NetworkEvent.* files (where SERVER_INSTALL_DIR is the server subdirectory wherever you've installed PCM).

** Open a DOS shell by click Start->Run and enter 'cmd'.

** In the DOS shell, cd to SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/bin.

** Enter "mysql -u Administrator -password=PASSWORD -P 3908 netmgmt" (where PASSWORD is the password for your mySQL Administrator account, set up during your PCM installation).

** Enter "check table TABLENAME" (where TABLENAME is the table backed up earlier; NetworkEvent, SyslogEvent or IdmEvent).

** Wait for the check command to finish. If it returns OK then the problem is fixed.

** If the check command fails see if SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/TABLENAME.MYD exists. If not copy SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/TABLENAME.TMD to SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/TABLENAME.MYD.

** Rerun "check table TABLENAME" and it should return OK in the Status column.

** If this fails then check again to make sure TABLENAME.MYD exists (as above), then run "repair table TABLENAME" again.

---

Note:
** Depending on the severity of the table corruption, sometimes one needs to execute "repair table TABLENAME" more than once. Run "check table TABLENAME" to get more details on the table status after each repair statement.

** If the problem still exists after few runs of "repair table TABLENAME" try the following special repair statement using flag use_frm: "repair table TABLENAME use_frm"

** If the table is still not fixed you may need to stop and restart the PCM Data Store service (the mySQL server) and repeat the steps above.

Note that this situation can be caused by antivirus software checking the mySQL directory of the PCM server; you should disable such checking if it's enabled (the virus checked locks the files that mySQL is using and this causes the issue).

Good luck! I hope this works for you.

SVB
Massimo Poletti_1
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Steve

Using the password of PCM+ user "Administrator" i cannot enter in mysql.

Is the PCM+ Administrator the same as mysql Administrator?

If not I have a lost password problem...
Massimo Poletti_1
Frequent Advisor

Please check this idea:

May I take an empty networkevent table from a fresh install of a unregistered PCM+ instead of the crashed one?

Could it works?

Thanks
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor
Solution

Massimo,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - our company was shut down for two weeks over the holidays. The database password is a derivative of your PCM password. If you email me directly I will tell you how to derive the database password, as I don't want to post this information publicly. My email address is steve.britt@hp.com.

Regards,

SVB
Massimo Poletti_1
Frequent Advisor

It works Steve!
Thanks!
Markus Jidev├еg
Occasional Contributor

Hello
We also get this error on our PNM installation. And i tried to login and do a repair but it wont accept my username or password.

Steve Britt or Massimo Poletti can you please email me how to derive the database password?!

Regards Markus Jidev├Г┬еg Lysekils kommun Sweden
markus.jidevag@lysekil.se
Massimo Poletti_1
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, since it is not a public information, I can't.

I suppose Steve can help you.
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Massimo,

I responded directly to Markus.

Regards,

SVB