New Discussion юеВ

PCM - No longer receiving events or traps

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Burbage
Frequent Advisor

PCM - No longer receiving events or traps

guys

I have just started receiving the above error message from PCM+ 3.1.

I have followed the instruction about switching off AV as a possible cause, but it hasn't resolved the issue.
------------------------------------------
SQL Exception
Table '.\netmgmt\networkevent' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
-------------------------------------------

How do i go about repairing a possible faulty sql table?

cheers
8 REPLIES 8
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

Re: PCM - No longer receiving events or traps

This is a solution suggested by an expert from PCM, Steve Britt, based from similar problems in the past :

Try this:

** Back up the event tables shown in the Message Notification. For example if the table name in the popup dialog refers to NetworkEvent table, then back up all SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/NetworkEvent.* files (where SERVER_INSTALL_DIR is the server subdirectory wherever you've installed PCM).

** Open a DOS shell by click Start->Run and enter 'cmd'.

** In the DOS shell, cd to SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/bin.

** Enter "mysql -u Administrator -password=PASSWORD -P 3908 netmgmt" (where PASSWORD is the password for your mySQL Administrator account, set up during your PCM installation).

** Enter "check table TABLENAME" (where TABLENAME is the table backed up earlier; NetworkEvent, SyslogEvent or IdmEvent).

** Wait for the check command to finish. If it returns OK then the problem is fixed.

** If the check command fails see if SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/TABLENAME.MYD exists. If not copy SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/TABLENAME.TMD to SERVER_INSTALL_DIR/mysql/data/netmgmt/TABLENAME.MYD.

** Rerun "check table TABLENAME" and it should return OK in the Status column.

** If this fails then check again to make sure TABLENAME.MYD exists (as above), then run "repair table TABLENAME" again.

---

Note:
** Depending on the severity of the table corruption, sometimes one needs to execute "repair table TABLENAME" more than once. Run "check table TABLENAME" to get more details on the table status after each repair statement.

** If the problem still exists after few runs of "repair table TABLENAME" try the following special repair statement using flag use_frm: "repair table TABLENAME use_frm"

** If the table is still not fixed you may need to stop and restart the PCM Data Store service (the mySQL server) and repeat the steps above.

Note that this situation can be caused by antivirus software checking the mySQL directory of the PCM server; you should disable such checking if it's enabled (the virus checked locks the files that mySQL is using and this causes the issue).

NOTE:--- The DB password is a derivative of the PCM Adminstrative password. To get the database administrator password, you would need to mail the PCM Administrator password to (javy@hp.com) or steve.britt@hp.com).

HTH
Javed
Mark Burbage
Frequent Advisor

Thx for the info J.

I can't connect to the DB and I don't remember setting a password for mysql during the install of PCM, so I'm guessing it's a default one???? I tried using the admin password for PCM.

The error i get when running the command is :-
---------------------------------------
c:\>mysql -u administrator -password= -P 3908 netmgmt
---------------------------------------

ERROR 1045 <28000>: Access denied for user 'administrator'@'localhost'

Can i email you or steve for the DB password?

regards
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

you can mark the email to both the id's ...whoever is available would be able to chip in to help you out...
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

Mark:
can you try this version of the command to login to mysql:

C:\PCM\server\mysql\bin> mysql -uAdministrator -padmin -P3908 netmgmt

(assuming the default password 'admin')

if the DB password is something else, then you can mail your PCM password to javy@hp.com & steve.britt@hp.com

HTH!
Mark Burbage
Frequent Advisor

Hi J.

I tried the command you suggested, but it didn't work either. I got this error message: -
------------------------------------
C:\>mysql -uAdministrator -padmin-P3908 netmgmt
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
-------------------------------------

I iwll email you my administrator password and hopefully this will fix it.

Cheers
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor
Solution

Mark:

"ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)"

is because the MySql service(HP ProCurve Datastore) has not been started. Can you start that and try?

Will check and reply to your mail shortly

HTH
Javed
Mark Burbage
Frequent Advisor

Thx javed.

That has worked. I can now connected to the DB. I will run the suggested fix for that table.

thx again for all your help.
Jazon
Advisor

I am getting the same error, but I can't get the "check" command to be recognised when following the instructions listed. It says "check" is not a recognised command, neither is "repair" Thanks....