cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCM Question

Bill Limberg
Occasional Advisor

PCM Question

I'm setting up PCM for the first time to try it out. So far so good, but I'm having a problem with the Syslog entries.

I can select a device and click on the Device Syslog tab. This shows me all the syslog entries. However, I don't see a way to view the entries other than on that page, which doesn't work out so well because the description is normally very long and doesn't fit on the page. I have to resize all the columns to fit the description on my screen. Is there a better way to veiw these?

For example, when I'm in the Network Managment Home page on the Events tab I can click on an even and the detail is in the window below, so I can view everything. Is there something like this that I'm missing for Syslog?

I believe I'm using the latest version of PCM:
Help | About -- PCM Version B.02.100
2 REPLIES
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PCM Question

No, the syslog entries do not have the same detail view that the traplog has. If you hover over a cell, tooltip will show you the entire cell contents provided the screen res allows it.

Aside from just adjusting the column widths, you could spawn a new window that you can then size or drag to another monitor. I run PCM on a box with three LCD displays. Two of them are 19" at 1280x1024 and the third is a wide aspect 24" at 1920x1200. That way I can keep an eye on several indicators at the same time as analyzing the logs.

If you don't like the list view, I am sure you will just hate the report format! Don't let the absense of eye candy detract from the other features.
Bill Limberg
Occasional Advisor

Re: PCM Question

Well, I was looking for a reason to get a new monitor. Now I have it.

Thanks for the reply.