1752661 Members
5437 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM Question

Bill Limberg
Occasional Advisor

PCM Question

I'm setting up PCM for the first time to try it out. So far so good, but I'm having a problem with the Syslog entries.

I can select a device and click on the Device Syslog tab. This shows me all the syslog entries. However, I don't see a way to view the entries other than on that page, which doesn't work out so well because the description is normally very long and doesn't fit on the page. I have to resize all the columns to fit the description on my screen. Is there a better way to veiw these?

For example, when I'm in the Network Managment Home page on the Events tab I can click on an even and the detail is in the window below, so I can view everything. Is there something like this that I'm missing for Syslog?

I believe I'm using the latest version of PCM:
Help | About -- PCM Version B.02.100
2 REPLIES 2
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PCM Question

No, the syslog entries do not have the same detail view that the traplog has. If you hover over a cell, tooltip will show you the entire cell contents provided the screen res allows it.

Aside from just adjusting the column widths, you could spawn a new window that you can then size or drag to another monitor. I run PCM on a box with three LCD displays. Two of them are 19" at 1280x1024 and the third is a wide aspect 24" at 1920x1200. That way I can keep an eye on several indicators at the same time as analyzing the logs.

If you don't like the list view, I am sure you will just hate the report format! Don't let the absense of eye candy detract from the other features.
Bill Limberg
Occasional Advisor

Re: PCM Question

Well, I was looking for a reason to get a new monitor. Now I have it.

Thanks for the reply.