1752795 Members
5753 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM Server service not start

BiLLz0r

PCM Server service not start

Hi,

I've recently installed PCM 3.1 on my PC at work to manage 9 new Procurve switches. The installs goes well but unfortuntely the HP Procurve Network Manager Server service won't start. When I try to start it it gives the error "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly". I've uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. The event viewer just states it terminated unexpectedly also with nothing logged in the application event log.
The PC is sometimes multihomed but all other NIC's and put the IP of the NIC on the Procurve management network in commIpAddr.txt in the server and client config folders. Still no luck.
I've done some of the config seperately so far but it's getting rather tedious and would like to get PCM to work for the initial configuring of the switches.
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

Re: PCM Server service not start

What OS are you using, and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Cheers...Jeff
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

Usually happens due to varied issues, and is more because of the environment where it is installed.

As Jeff mentioned, first check would be look if the OS is supported one. You can cross check here:
http://www.procurve.com/customercare/support/faqs/pcm.htm#2-1

Few other notes:
a) Make sure you are starting the service from an Administrator account
b) Make sure SNMP services, if any, are disabled
c) Ensure default ports used by PCM like FTP, SNMP etc are open for use by PCM and not being already used by other applications

If the above quick checks are fine, then
a) Completely uninstall PCM.
b) Make sure no registry entries exist refering to PCM. Delete PCM installed folder. ( you can use some cleanup software like CCleaner )
c) Reboot machine.
d) Install PCM afresh

Let know how it goes about.Hope this helps.

-Javed Padinhakara
BiLLz0r

hi,

Thanks for the tips. I'm running XP Pro SP2. Have turned the XP firewall off for the time being.
I did noticed the minimum hardware requirements for PCM Server <350 devices is 2GB RAM but this PC only has 1GB, think that might do it. I wouldn't have thought it would since I only wanna manage 9 devices.
I did install as a domain admin account.
I'll look at the other ideas and try again. I'll might even install onto a Server 2008 R2 server and see if that helps if I can't get it to work on my office PC.
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

I am installing PCM 4.0 on WIN7 ultimate w8gb ram and quad core 3.0gHz

I get to   "installing PCM server service"   and that s it ...nothing moer happens....  I have that animated progress indicator on thus step for hours now

I eve nre downloaded it a couple days ago and noticedthey put a new verison up there due to installer problems ....but no dice this new version fails the same as the previous one  

ddecoursey@eriecountygov.org

Hers a pinch to grow an inch