5122 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM Traffic monitor

John Orme
Frequent Advisor

PCM Traffic monitor

Hi,

I have been having trouble with the traffic monitor in PCM A1.09. No traffic is shown, (see attachment) i have left discovery running overnight and it has found all the devices, i have added the switches as monitored XMon devices. My switches are 4100 and 2524 sorts. Has anyone had this trouble before?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PCM Traffic monitor

Here are the some possible solutions (faq HP):

1-Make sure that the management station is set as a trap receiver on the devices.

2-Make sure there are no other processes bound to port 162. This includes the Windows SNMP Trap Receiver Service.

3-In the PCM preferences pane under the events node, uncheck "Ignore Unknown traps" just to see if the customer can receiver traps.

4-Check the server log files, PCM/server/logs/CS-err.log and PCM/server/SvrJCoreMain0.log to see if any errors are reported.
John Orme
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I unchecked the traps box, not sure if it has made any difference but i am receiving alerts from all the switches about ports comig up etc. The core switch has the pcm server as a trap receiver. I dont know how to check to see what service is bound to port 162. it is a brand new installation of windows server 2003 with nothing else installed.

Thanks for the quick response!

John
John Orme
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Totally bizarrely it has started to work, i havent changed anything, i just installed norton antivirus, when i came back and unlocked the machine, it was all running perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

John