4739 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

PCM V 3 + problem with my HP Switch 9308 Procuvre

mlouhab
Occasional Advisor

PCM V 3 + problem with my HP Switch 9308 Procuvre

Hi ,

i have a issue in PCM  , I can't view the configuration for  HP Switch 9308 Procuvre in Console HP PCM + v3  ( attached) . All others switches are fine only my switch 9300 

thank you  

8 REPLIES 8
mlouhab
Occasional Advisor

Re: PCM V 3 + problem with my HP Switch 9308 Procuvre

any help please 

mlouhab
Occasional Advisor

no one want to help me !!!!! 

Rasith
Frequent Visitor

did you checked if the switch and server comunicates is passed..

this can be done by right clicking on the switch 9308.

There are three communication options, and all should pass.

Try this and check it.

mlouhab
Occasional Advisor

Hi , and thank you for the reply 

when i do that , i have "Failed:IncorrectCredentials"  in CLI Manager  & CLI Operator but  the both  are configured in my switch !!! 

thank you 

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

You mention the credentials are configured on your switch - but are they configured in PCM as well? Does PCM know the credentials in order to access the switch?

Right-click Device > Device Access > Communication Parameters in PCM > Check "CLI Settings" and hit next until you can configure in PCM what the user & password are...

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
mlouhab
Occasional Advisor

Hi Justin ,

i did  the test again but  still not working   :(  

in my case i connect to switch only with the telnet of super-user. the Operator & manager used only with WEB.
it's necessary to connecte with the two accounts via telnet for he does work ??
thank you

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

I was going to say that any usernames with passwords you define will apply to both CLI (via Console and Telnet/SSH) and the Web interface, since that's how it usually works on ProCurve, but I checked the documentation and for this one it's a bit different.

I'll show you excerpts the relevant parts of the documentation that should explain to you how to set it up:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/9300m-Install-Jun2005-59906028-Chap02.pdf

By default, you can use the user name “get” and the default read-only password “public” for read-only access. However, for read-write access, you must enter “set” for the user name, and enter a read-write community string that you have configured on the device for the password. There is no default read-write community string. You must add one. See the Security Guide for ProCurve 9300/9400 Series Routing Switches.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/9300m-9408sl-Security-Jun2005-59906029-Chap10.pdf

SNMP versions 1 and 2 use community strings to restrict SNMP access. The default passwords for Web management access are the SNMP community strings configured on the device.
• The default read-only community string is “public”. To open a read-only Web management session, enter “get” and “public” for the user name and password.
• There is no default read-write community string. Thus, by default, you cannot open a read-write management session using the Web management interface. You first must configure a read-write community string using the CLI. Then you can log on using “set” as the user name and the read-write community string you configure as the password.
You can configure as many additional read-only and read-write community strings as you need. The number of strings you can configure depends on the memory on the device. There is no practical limit.
The Web management interface supports only one read-write session at a time. When a read-write session is open on the Web management interface, subsequent sessions are read-only, even if the session login is “set” with a valid read-write password.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
mlouhab
Occasional Advisor

Hi justin ,

thank you for your help , 

so , if I understand , for to work i must create two snmp accounts ( R/W) one for manager and the other for Operator.

i test that tomorrow and and I'm sending you the result.

( attached the last result for : Right-click Device > Device Access > Communication Parameters in PCM > Check "CLI Settings" and hit next until you can configure in PCM what the user & password are... ) i hope that help you )

Thank you 

Best regards