Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752273 Members
4667 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM & traffic stats

Mark Hinchee_1

PCM & traffic stats

We have a homogenous HP network consisting of 2600, 4000, and 2500 level switches.
I've installed the PCM but am unable to see any traffic stats. Event logs and the network map are visible. Do the switches need to be configured in any particular way or is this something on the PCM side?
3 REPLIES 3
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PCM & traffic stats

What version of PCM? DO you have the Plus part licensed or on the 30 day trial? You need the Plus for Traffic Monitor. Did you modify the community strings from the out-of-the-box defaults? If so, have you plugged the new stings both into the default and Device Manager?

Setting it up seemed straight forward but to be honest, it was the last thing I did when I configured PCM and my switches so I cannot confirm whether there are specific dependencies. I had already setup all the community strings and authorized IP Managers on both sides.
Mark Hinchee_1

Everything was setup properly, except for having the plus version.
I read the documentation but was unable to find an answer to this.
Props to Les
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Well... I can't put all the blame on your shoulders. It is documented in the PCM_getstarted.pdf, but you have to dig all the way down to page 21 for it. One would normally expect to see features espoused in the preamble.