Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752800 Members
5304 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCM + and downloads

BAUMEISTER

PCM + and downloads

We're trying to use PCM+ to manange an increasing number of procurve switches.
The dowload of the software index doesn't work (although is says "successfull" )and therefore software update of the switches doesn't work.
Any clue ?
4 REPLIES 4
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

BAUMEISTER,

What does not work according to you? Can you not upgrade the switches or does the correct firmware version not show in the list to select? What switches are you trying to upgrade what error shows when scanning the switches while upgrading?
Does the upgrade work over telnet or console?

Kind regards,

SCOOTER
BAUMEISTER

1) in the tools/preferences menu, no firmware version available, meaning that the list does not upgrade correctly.
2) if I select one of the switches (2626 or 2824)and clik on software update wiz, the scan never complete (remains at 0% wich is weird because a simple scan works alright).

Yes proxy settings are correct and no we don't use proxy for FTP.
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

I find PCM+ to be deficient in regard to updating the switch software. CLI is still the way to go.

PCM+ downloads procurve_firmware.prp from HP's FTP site but this prp file does not have all the latest versions. For example, I_07_56.swi is listed for 28xx but I_07_61.swi is available from the web.

As for your problem, are you sure you have all your community strings set? What version of PCM+ are you using? I was having problems before going to version 1.50.
BAUMEISTER

Thanks for your kind answer.
In fact I finally found out the solution by myself. The default telnet user/paswd was not set on the switches... now it does work much better :o)

It is true that the software index text file downloaded from the HP site is not up-to-date regarding last version of available software. What I do is downloading the last available version (I test it for a while on a switch), the sofware version is then posted on the PCM+ server, and I manually edit the software index text file :o) easy !