1753519 Members
5549 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM error - Traffic Manager - segment not in traffic database

Neil_77
Frequent Advisor

PCM error - Traffic Manager - segment not in traffic database

The evaluation copy of my PCM+ has expired so I am now only running the free PCM.

Every time I start up PCM, a number of major events are reported from the ports for one of my devices, the source being "Traffic Manager"

The Major event reads, for example:

"Segment w.x.y.z_port_H1 not in traffic data base! Unable to configure segment"

Does anyone know why a) I am getting these messages and b) how to resolve this?

I am slightly confused as to why anything is being reported from the Traffic Manager, seeing as the free edition of PCM does not include the traffic monitoring functionality.

Could this be anything to do with the fact that I may have been using Traffic Monitor to monitor this device when using the evaluation copy of PCM+?

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PCM error - Traffic Manager - segment not in traffic database

Sorry I don't have a fix for you. I noticed back when I was evaluating PCM+ that some of the "Plus" features turned on during the eval stayed on after the gracce period expired. I eventually licensed the "Plus" so never had to figure out what to do.
Neil_77
Frequent Advisor

Re: PCM error - Traffic Manager - segment not in traffic database

Hi Les,

thanks for the response - at least I know other users have experienced similar issues with going from PCM+ to PCM!

We weren't impressed enough with PCM+ to purchase it - from reading the forums, seems like I have had similar issues to those you have experienced with PCM+.

Hopefully, HP will improve some of the PCM+ flaws in the future and then perhaps I will be able to justify investing in it!

Neil