New Discussion юеВ

PCM+ "Preferred software versions"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Paxton
Occasional Contributor

PCM+ "Preferred software versions"

Hi.

I have PCM+ 2.2 update 5, but an annoyance is that the preferred version pie chart is showing all my devices (various 2600 series plus a 4200 series) at an "Other" version, rather than preferred.

PCM is set to prefer the latest version, and all the switches are at the relevant version (H.10.50 for the 2600 and L.11.12 for 4200). PCM confirms this by going into the configuration tab of the device in question. PCM even did the upgrade itself of the 2600 series devices!

I think this changed when I did a update for the latest firmware version list a few days ago. I've seen speak of the file in the server\data\download directory called procurve_firmware.prp - it has a modification date of the time I did the update. However this file agrees with what I expect, that is each product identifier is set to the most recent software release, which is on each device.

I've tried deleting a device and manually re-discovering, this hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim Paxton.

5 REPLIES 5
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: PCM+ "Preferred software versions"

Sometimes you need to re-'scan' the device, so that it copies over the switch configuration file to PCM. Make sure your test communication parameters are working for those devices. If the communication parameters are correct it should do this every night by default. (Considering that PCM has successfully upgraded the firmware on them it seems it is set right).
Tim Paxton
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Matt.

Yes, PCM has the correct parameters and testing comms works fine, sorry should have mentioned that.

PCM is contacting the switches to get the config - at least it used to about 2.00am

How do I go about "re-scanning"?

Tim.
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

From memory it's under the configuration tab of each switch in PCM... there's a button there, on the.. left?
Tim Paxton
Occasional Contributor

Thanks once more Matt.

The button at the very left seemed to re-read the config (spanner with a magnifying glass), but this hasn't helped the versions pie :-(
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

Maybe an open door, but PCM 2.3 is available.
A lot of new capabilities and enhancements are available.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF05a/18964-18964-3755743-3445524-3445524-3431602.html