1748259 Members
3580 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCM2.2 Traffic Collection problem

Tony Barrett_2
Frequent Advisor

PCM2.2 Traffic Collection problem

I've just upgraded from PCM+2.1 to 2.2 (100 node license). Upgrade went fine, with no errors. PCM is hooked into NNM 7.01 on the same box. Everything is working ok with all the switches detected.

Trouble is, traffic collection is NOT working. It was working fine under PCM2.1, and in that version you had device level control over which type you collected (stats or flows), and which devices were included/excluded. In v2.2, traffic collection is now globally enabled under Preferences, and PCM decides whether it will collect stats or flows depending on the device. It is definately enabled in Prefs, but If I drill down into a device, looking at Traffic/Port Summary, it shows Statistics: Disabled and Sampling: Disabled! All monitored ports show this, and I'm not sure how to fix the problem
3 REPLIES 3
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: PCM2.2 Traffic Collection problem

Hi Tony,

just done the same at the start of the week, as I only wanted to collect data on some ports I right click on the port and then go to Manual and enable stats.
The Global setting will only take affect if you rediscover a device or add a new device from what I gathered from the admin guide.

Ron
Tony Barrett_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Ron, I can see the 'Manual' setting now for enabling stats/sampling per port. Guess I should RTFM, but who's got time for that!!

It's interesting you say that the global prefs are only implemented on new or re-disocovered hosts. If I re-discover a an existing host and go through the wizard, everything is fine until I actually try to discover a switch, then PCM just says 'Starting Discovery', and doesn't get any further. If I test the connection parameters in PCM, they're all fine.

Paulen
Regular Advisor

Anybody know if the Sflow issue for the K series has been resolved?