New Discussion юеВ

PCMplus 3.0 port lists are messy

SOLVED
Go to solution
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

PCMplus 3.0 port lists are messy

Hi all.

When I browse the port lists of my switches in PCM, the port order is always messed up (when changing from pane to pane or opening the window to modify port assignments).
Is there a way to tell PCM that I always want to see the port list in numerical order, starting with port 1 at the top of the list?

PCMplus 3.0 update 4
There is always one more bug ...
2 REPLIES 2
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: PCMplus 3.0 port lists are messy

Hi,

It seems that you have found a bug that exists even in PCM 3.1 (a free upgrade from PCM 3.0 by the way). I have filed a defect report against PCM to fix this issue.

I am only seeing the issue on the Port List tab's Port Assignment subtab; the other subtabs, Port Status and Port Access seem to order correctly. And as you mention the issue also exists on the Port Assignment Table dialog window that can be launched from the Port Assignment subtab. Do you see it elsewhere or only where I have mentioned?

In the meantime it seems that the only option is to click the Index column heading twice in troublesome screens; this will reorder the ports correctly by ifIndex number while you're in that screen. Unfortunately the ordering won't be retained between visits to the screen for the same or even different devices.

Regards,

SVB
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

Re: PCMplus 3.0 port lists are messy

Hi Steve.

Your observations with the tabs are correct. I see the same behavior.
There is always one more bug ...