4232 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PROBLEM SWITCH HP 4000M

matteo_8
Occasional Contributor

PROBLEM SWITCH HP 4000M

I have a problem:
sometimes my switch crash and endured block.
I see the all led-lan and the led-fault-red ignited.
For return back i deteach the thorn ...

Help me please
4 REPLIES 4
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Re: PROBLEM SWITCH HP 4000M

Can you get some logs, observe what makes it (sometimes when ?) ?
Can you describe how is your installation (what is connected to it )?
J
You can lean only on what resists you...
matteo_8
Occasional Contributor

so...
i've the general switch(4000m) and another switch hp 2512 linked with it.
usually the 4000m crash toptools ask me an excessive late collision in a port,boh...
i think the switch crash becouse an ethernet card flood it but it's very very bad...
what's the problem?
matteo_8
Occasional Contributor

another question...

the general switch (hp 4000m) linked 2512 with fibre i see some errors in 2512 in rx (by toptools) i think so the problem is in 4000m or 2512

sorry for my bad english
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Well,
the rx problem means that the 4000 forwards (floods) packets to the other swicth, this seems to be normal.
Otherwise, the point is to know what makes these errors; it very likely can be a LAN card trasnmitting bad formatted packets, or a cable issue getting the same result. If you cannot find out trhough toptool or other tool which one does it, I would, if I were you, try to unplug one by one each cable coming to the 4000, wait a bit to see if the problem stops : then you get the wrong cable, test it. If it works, then it's the NIC of the machine connected.
Check also that you do not have 2 connections between 2512 and 4000, and taht the connecting cable is properly set (straight or crossover, plugged on uplink or not).
Last, your English is far good enough to be perfectly understood, far as good as mine anyway.
J
You can lean only on what resists you...