1752754 Members
4790 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PXE with Cisco Nexus

Matt Ronsman
Advisor

PXE with Cisco Nexus

I am having issues PXE booting with the new DHCP forward command in NX-OS I think. It seems that the new forwarding command does not work with TFTP like it did in IOS. So I am getting E53 No boot filename received messages when I try to PXE boot. Am I wrong that this is the issue? It is getting a DHCP address from what I can tell and the DHCP server and PXE services are on different servers. Please let me know if there are more things to consider when using IP helper addresses with newer Nexus switches.
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Re: PXE with Cisco Nexus

Matt Ronsman
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. This is not an HP-UX server but rather Windows 2008 running RDP.
shocko
Honored Contributor

I have nexus switches where i work but nexus are layer 2 and hence have no ip helper addresses as they cant do any routing. We configure ip heklpers on the layer three switches they are connected to. what nexus switches are you using??
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Matt Ronsman
Advisor

This actually ended up being a problem with a global scope option in DHCP. Option 66 was populated due to something with the phone system and there was no way to delete it individually for the scope for the servers I was trying deploy to. So we had to do a PXE forced configuration with DHCP options rather than the normal PXE broadcast/helper IP option.