5260 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Password Break

latchum
Advisor

Password Break

Hi All,

We have 15 ProCurve J4900B Switch 2626, long back some one set password for Web-login, we didn't receive any documents for this.

Now I have to reset the password, because I am unable to login through web.

Can someone please help me on this.

Regards,
Naidu.
5 REPLIES 5
Drew Redman
Valued Contributor

Re: Password Break

All you need to do is press the clear button on the front of the switch and it will remove all passwords.

Page 5-11 -http://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/2600-2800-4100-6108-MgmtConfig-Oct2005-59906023.pdf

If that doesn't work, then front panel security is enabled and you will need to call ProCurve support for assistance.
latchum
Advisor

Hi Drew Redman,

Thanks for your response.

Will it clear only passwords, hope it will not clear radius authentication is that right?

Regards,
Naidu.

Drew Redman
Valued Contributor

That's correct. It will only clear your passwords. There is a seperate procedure for clearing your config that involves pressing the clear + reset buttons at the same time.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

if it refers to a radiusserver, maybe it's using IAS to authenticate to Active Directory accounts?.
If you don't know the password but do know the account, then you can set the password in AD using active-directory users and computers.
or add new users to a AD group configured for network management.
Drew Redman
Valued Contributor

Good point. The clear procedure only applies to local usernames/passwords on the switch.