1753437 Members
4945 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pavilion 750N and Cable Modem Probems

Keela Spivey

Pavilion 750N and Cable Modem Probems

Hi,
I'm having so problems with my internet connection. It seems that I can only stay online for about 10-15 minutes, and my connection is lost. My ISP is Road Runner High Speed Online, and was told that they are not picking up any problems on their end (after they ran a diagnostic). They told me to refer my manufacturer, which brings me here. However, the HP Support section only addresses problems concerning dial up connections. Any help would be greatly valued, as I have no clue what to do.

Thank you in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Ernest Ford
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pavilion 750N and Cable Modem Probems

How does your cable modem connect to your Pavilion? Is it USB or do you have a router/firewall?
Keela Spivey

It's a USB.
mujaheed
Advisor

Hi
So u have a problem connecting to your Internet.I would like to know which Operating System you'r using. Is it WinXp or win2000 & also Please let me know the link status of the USB Modem when the connection is lost,is the LED blinking or not.
Keela Spivey

I have Windows XP, and once the connection is lost it stops blinking.
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Do you lost connection during internet access or while PC is not working?
After connection lost can you quicky open a new connection or problem stay for a few times?
Do you see anythink in event register?

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Keela Spivey

Do you lost connection during internet access or while PC is not working?

The PC "appears" to be working fine. Since it's a cable modem I'm always connected and it can be lost at any moment.

After connection lost can you quicky open a new connection or problem stay for a few times?

One of three things will happen. 1) The connnection comes back immediately or within 10 seconds. 2) I have to unplug the modem from the wall (for about 2 minutes) and then plug it back. 3)I have to wait for about 1 or 2 days constantly repeating method 2.

Do you see anythink in event register?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what is meant by that.

Thanks for your help so far everyone.
mujaheed
Advisor

Hi
The ADSL link light will blink when the connection is lost,however if the internet is connected then the ADSL link light will glow & does not Blink at all.
1) If your getting disconnected every 5 to 10 min and the ADSL link led is blinking in the USB modem the this is the problem with cable wire which is running from server till your Computer,
2) if your getting disconnected every 1 or 2 minutes & the ADSL link light is glowing Constantly in the USB modem then you have to download the Antivirus Patch "fixblaster worm" and run in your system this will help you because they are certain virus will not let your connection stable for more then 5 minu.
3)If the problem is still persisting then please reinstall the USB Modem Drivers & TCP/IP
This should get resolve.