Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752600 Members
4174 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Port based Web authenication on 2600 and 5300, custom HTML?

Drew Meyer
Occasional Contributor

Port based Web authenication on 2600 and 5300, custom HTML?

I started testing the port based web authentication on the 2600 and 5300 and couldn't find any documentation about being able to customize the HTML for the login process. The default is very generic. I would like to add some site specific information about the login process and some other text.

Is this possible?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

My HP rep tells me it is possible on the 5300 but I have not looked into it yet.
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

I believe this is possible in the new software version 10.x
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Drew,

10.02 is available on the web from today. Check the releasenotes...

http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/j48191002.htm

Regards,

SCOOTER
Drew Meyer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone, I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought. I checked out Version 10.2 and puts custom text in the management console and web mangagment interfaces. Thats not what I need. I need to customize the authenication page for the port based web authentication a user would see when a devise is first plugged into the switch and gets redirected to the authenication page. I'll probally will call support and see what they say.

Thanks
Drew
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

I fully understood your question and when I had a discussion with my HP rep about 802.1x supplicant and alternatives, the topic of a customizable web page did come up. Perhaps he was talking about vapourware.

I am considering setting up wireless access points with authentication, VLAN quarantine, and VPN but have yet to setup my test lab.

Sorry I could not be of more help at this time.
Paul Cross_2
Occasional Advisor

I'm also after an answer to this - the login page is very generic, and the 60 second countdown is far too long.
Frank Benke_1
Advisor

well this is definitely no varpourware and the 60 sec. timeout is supposed to be changeable. this feature is available for quite a while allready. I will check out as soon as I am back in my testlab.

regards frank.
dale thibodeau
Occasional Advisor

I'm looking for an answer to this question as well. I really like the idea of using our switch as a captive portal for wireless users and guest computers but this login page is terrible.

Please let us know if you find anything.

Thanks,