New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pro Curve 2510-24

SOLVED
Go to solution
beast_b9
Occasional Advisor

Pro Curve 2510-24

Excessive CRC/Alignment Errors on port 1

Al the time, after this error it is not possible to enter server which is connected n port 1.
And no other computer n the network can access map drives , internet connections etc.
I have installed new nic on server (1G) to be same speed duplex like other computers, a configured speed to be auto, on every port exapte one which operates on 10FDx ( fax server ip). I try everything from changing wires, changing speed, different NIC but this error seams to come back . NIC are D-link DGE -538T, a have already update firmware of procurve to q_11_17.swi, and firmware of router which is D-link 2543B, what should i do?
but no change
8 REPLIES 8
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

- You did'nt mention you tried moving the server from port-1 to another port?

- When usinng Gbit, both sides should be speed auto/duplex auto.
and preferrably use 8-wire utp cables.
if cables are home-made check if proper pairs are used.

Excessive CRC/alignment
A high percentage of data errors has been detected on this port. Possible causes include:
errors
├в ┬в Faulty cabling or invalid topology.
├в ┬в Duplex mismatch (full-duplex configured on one end of the link, half-duplex configured on the other)
├в ┬в A malfunctioning NIC, NIC driver, or transceiver

beast_b9
Occasional Advisor

i moved server to another port, but after few days problem persists,all ports are configureted to auto and on the nic-s also (on every comp in the network), except one, which is fax server ip it is on 10 full duplex and port also..today i reconect port for server with new cable, restart switch and router, and now i am waiting for tomorrow to see if is going to crash.
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi
ProCurve have stronge debuging monitor

many most network have same problem
actually is this a problem
problem is this ;

many producer use global standart on their product but some standart include sub standart

for example 1000BaseT a standart but have two type working method
four per full duplex system and two per full duplex system

procurve use four per four duplex operation because this method very strong and easy connection cat5 or cat5e cable
many company on word have cat5 or cat5e cable infrastructure

when connect two per full duplex network device on procurve switch many people see same eror

CRC(Cyclic redundancy check)a data check method
each ethernet frame have 64 byte with 1500 byte size and each ethernet frame (basic)include *destination address*soruce address*data*CRC* switch look des address,source address and CRC code not to look data CRC code support data check for switch when switch see less CRC number issue this eror (Excessive CRC/Alignment Errors on port)destination device TCP mechanism want back wrong data from source address

if this process happen excessive cause high collesion and drop rate

can you see high collesion and drop rate eror on switch

or
can you see paket drop on interface

10Base Tx protocol very strong and not have problem because running only use two per on utp cable (half duplex or fullduplex)

cenk

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

beast_b9
Occasional Advisor

I have Toshiba e-studio, connected on one port, few day later it was unable to scan and send file via e-mail, it only work scan to file. Is it possible for that error to be because switch? I am asking because i tried everything , and nothing seems to work. Speed is set to auto ( it supports 10H 10Full, 100 h , 100F and auto .. speed ). I am thinking it doesn't but who knows?
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

>>>it was unable to scan and send file via e-mail, it only work scan to file. <<<

as it can scan to file, this device has network connectivity!
so it's not realy likely the switch is the problem.
check the configured mailserver (ip-adress, name, sender mailadress).
on the respective mailserver check config and logfiles if mails from the e-studio are allowed or rejected (like mail-relaying not allowed).
The e-studio has a web-interface to manage settings.
beast_b9
Occasional Advisor

i wanted just to ask, it seems the panel is broken...or need to be replaced.

Network is working fine for today, no errors on switch. Post you back tommorow
beast_b9
Occasional Advisor

Every thing is working perfectly. Thank you for your help.
Regards;
Branimir