Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752800 Members
5527 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProCurve 2626 (VLAN and Routing for VoIP & Data).

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karl Collinson
Frequent Advisor

ProCurve 2626 (VLAN and Routing for VoIP & Data).

Afternoon All,
Rather new to HP switches but seem to be getting on well, but could really do with a few pointers.

Scenario: Need to create 2 VLANS one for data; one for voice.

Left the default VLAN alone "Set static IP", Created the two VLANS, on the VoIP VLAN set priority 7 and enabled Voice, given both VLANS an IP address on diff subnets and tagged the ports accordingly.

Require the PCs to spk to the VoIP vlan, do i just need to use the ip routing command followed by IP route - entering the IP address of the Data VLAN with Subnet followed by IP for the VoIP VLAN?

(In case your wondering "If tagged the Data VLAN as im running both VLANS down one port and having the PCs running off the bk of the Phone").

Also: -
1) Should i leave Learning alone on all the ports?
2) Should i be able to ping the IP address of the VLANS?

Thanks All,
Karl.

4 REPLIES 4
Colonelk
Frequent Advisor

Re: ProCurve 2626 (VLAN and Routing for VoIP & Data).

Hi Karl

I'm in exactly the same boat as you trying to do pretty much exactly what you are wanting to do, except on the 2900-48 (and -24) switches.

From what I've read you do not need to do a specific IP route command (please correct me if I am wrong). Once IP routing is enabled a "Show IP route" command will show you if the switch can see the other vlans.

I'm also interested in running some of our PC's off the IP phones (on different vlans) too.

:)
Karl Collinson
Frequent Advisor

Hi There,
The Phone's shouldnt be a problem, you can manual config the Phones to use a specific VLAN and the same for Data port out the back.
Thx,
Karl.
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi karl you carefully see attach file

best regard
cenk

Karl Collinson
Frequent Advisor

Please See above comments.