1748036 Members
4918 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve 2650 SNMP OID question...

rmtintel

ProCurve 2650 SNMP OID question...

hello all,

I am trying to monitor my procurve switch with an SNMP graphing program. I need to know the SNMP OID that will return the bits/bytes/kilobyte or megabytes-per-second. I am not sure if this OID even exists, but if it does, I need it. We have also tried the cisco OIDs for this but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you...
3 REPLIES 3
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Most SNMP apps just use ifInOctets and ifOutOctets to calculate those values. What's the program you're wanting to use? PRTG does this quite easily with ProCurve switches.
rmtintel

we are already using the ifinoctet and if outoctet, but we are looking for the 5 minute average...ifin/outoctet returns incremented results of the total number of bps....we are looking for a counter similar to the cisco counter that returns the 5 minute average...thank you for your time...
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

In that case, I don't believe there is a counter for this. From memory on the 2600's when you do a 'show int ' it will give you a 5 minute average - this is only a fairly new feature though and I don't think there is a corresponding OID for this yet.