New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve Events Error Messages

SOLVED
Go to solution
Imad Odeh
Occasional Contributor

ProCurve Events Error Messages

Hi,
I have attached snap shot of my procurve event errors screen. The same errors keeps on coming and i am not sure of the reasons of that. some of the errors are realted to a ports on the switch with no physical connections on the ports itself.

My Network consists of the followings:
2 x 5308XL (J4819A)
3 x 5304XL (J4850A).
ROM version: E.05.04
SW version : E.08.42
Procurve version: B.01.607

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Imad
E-mail:imadodeh@gmail.com
6 REPLIES 6
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Someone mentioned before... This can be an error of RMON configured to poll module which is was removed from chassis.
Imad Odeh
Occasional Contributor

Will u please advice how to cancel the errors then or where to look for it
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

Imad Odeh
Occasional Contributor

I read the link and i will try it to see what will happen.

What about the other 4 x error messages:
SNMP error on Segment 172.16.12.12_port_A1_state=9,PDU type=162,SNMP error=2,error index=2

Thanks,

Imad
Anders_35
Regular Advisor

Those are the same thing. The SNMP error message translates to something like "no such target".

I had a lot of these after hooking up our mesh and trunks, by which the original ports "disappear" from the switch, and are no longer visible to Traffic Monitor. PCM does not pick up the change in ports.

Do a little searching in the forum, there have been multiple, useful posts on this problem.
Anders_35
Regular Advisor

Those are the same thing. The SNMP error message translates to something like "no such target".

I had a lot of these after setting up our mesh and trunks, by which the original ports "disappear" from the switch, and are no longer visible to Traffic Monitor. PCM does not pick up the change in ports.

Do a little searching in the forum, there have been multiple, useful posts on this problem.