108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve Manager Manual Discovery doesn't work

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Davis_9
Advisor

ProCurve Manager Manual Discovery doesn't work

When I run a manual discovery for a new 2524 switch all communications checks pass but the device never shows up. I've looked for it in Interconnect Devices, End Nodes, and Unknown Devices.

Please, don't tell me to run Auto Discovery. I want the Manual Discovery to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.
I dont realy know how this manager works, but I use TopTools my self.
- Is ther any place to put you IP "range" to discover. If so, do you have to check a box to enable this "IP range"?
- Did you look if it s the good one?
- Can you enter the IP adresse of your switchs manualy? Afther this run the Discovery.

You must already done this, but just in case it can give you a new idea of something that can help you! I want to install this on my comp, but It not let me install for some reason...

Good luck.
Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Something to look for; go in the Preferences -> Discovery and make sure that the subnet that device is in, is added to the Managed Subnets group.

Hope that helps.
Michael Davis_9
Advisor

Yes, the device IP is within the managed subnet.

Any other ideas?

Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Ok, try turning on Automatic Discovery and then try doing the manual discovery.
Michael Davis_9
Advisor

Yes, that works, but I don't want to use Auto Discovery. I am a subnet off of a very large Intranet and the Auto Discovery process sets off all kinds of alarms. The ping sweep in particular acts just like a virus might.

I know that I can turn on Auto Discovery, run the Manual Discovery, and then turn off the Auto Discovery; it just seems rediculous to have to do it that way.

I'm hoping I've got something set wrong...
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor
Solution

Glad that worked out.
I am sorry to tell you but this is a known issue that will be addressed.
Michael Davis_9
Advisor

Ah. Thanks for the info. Have you heard any rumors as to when the next release will be?
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Nothing yet, but i think there is a newsletter that you can sign up for that would keep you updated on any new releases or updates.

Also might be worth visiting the ProCurve Manager FAQ http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/faqs/ProCurve-Manager.htm for any new release notes.