Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProCurve PoE Advice? ProCurve 600 or 610?

rjsuk
Occasional Visitor

ProCurve PoE Advice? ProCurve 600 or 610?

Hi, I'm looking for a little bit of advice before upgrading some modules in a couple of 5308XL switches to PoE modules. I'm knew to PoE so this might sound dumb.

If I replace 2 x 10/100Mbps modules with 2 x 10/100Mbps PoE modules in 2 switches I will require 4 x EPS ports to power them I think. Given that each 5308XL chasis has dual power supplies, is there any benefit to buying 2 x ProCurve 600's (with 6xRPS,2xEPS) or should I simply buy 1 x ProCuve 610 (4xEPS) given that the two switches are located within metres of each other?

Also, if I were to upgrade 2 more modules (requiring 6xEPS) presumably 1 x 600 + 1 x 610 would be the simplest power solution (even igoring the RPS capabilities?)

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: ProCurve PoE Advice? ProCurve 600 or 610?

Hi

The 610 can help you in this case and can power up your 4 PoE modules.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone