Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753580 Members
6369 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

ProCurve blocking traffic to internal ports

Jacho Eaton

ProCurve blocking traffic to internal ports

We are upgrading several of our LANs to new HP switches. We are using 5 VLANs to segregate our traffic. We have 2524 switches out in the individual buildings, and either 4108s or 4208s back at the head ends. I am running into an issue where the internal traffic is being blocked on the 2524s. For example, If I have a printer (or any node) plugged into a port that is a member of the same VLAN as a PC that is plugged into the same 2524 switch, I cannot access it or ping the ip address. I can ping it from a PC plugged into the 4108 back at the head end, or from a PC in a remote site hundreds of miles away, but not plugged into the same switch. If I cycle the power to the switch, I can access the resource briefly, then it appears to be blocked again when the switch has run for a brief period. The event logs show the port being blocked by LACP when the switch completes it's POST. I can turn that off easily enough, but it seems like that usually runs in other locations where we are successfully running these without VLANs. I have also checked to make sure that the tagging/untagging is identical throughout the paths and that the VLAN names are identical. Any suggestions? Thanks!