cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProCurve blocking traffic to internal ports

Jacho Eaton
Occasional Visitor

ProCurve blocking traffic to internal ports

We are upgrading several of our LANs to new HP switches. We are using 5 VLANs to segregate our traffic. We have 2524 switches out in the individual buildings, and either 4108s or 4208s back at the head ends. I am running into an issue where the internal traffic is being blocked on the 2524s. For example, If I have a printer (or any node) plugged into a port that is a member of the same VLAN as a PC that is plugged into the same 2524 switch, I cannot access it or ping the ip address. I can ping it from a PC plugged into the 4108 back at the head end, or from a PC in a remote site hundreds of miles away, but not plugged into the same switch. If I cycle the power to the switch, I can access the resource briefly, then it appears to be blocked again when the switch has run for a brief period. The event logs show the port being blocked by LACP when the switch completes it's POST. I can turn that off easily enough, but it seems like that usually runs in other locations where we are successfully running these without VLANs. I have also checked to make sure that the tagging/untagging is identical throughout the paths and that the VLAN names are identical. Any suggestions? Thanks!