1752431 Members
5860 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve configuration backup

abdullah shboull
Frequent Advisor

ProCurve configuration backup

Hello all, I have 200 switches 2626,2610,2810,5412 and other type, and I have PCM+2.3, the question is what is the simple way to take a configuration backup from the all switches with short time?
4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

you will find a policy like "Scan config files" within the policy manager. It is one of the default policies and should be already there. You can schedule this policy to run i.e. during each night. You will find the config files in a dedicatd tab in each device.

Cheers,

Michael
Ingentive Networks GmbH
abdullah shboull
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your response,
I want to clarified something, that is, the backup configuration is need to save it on storage device. And the PCM police is used to discovery any devices configuration changed not to backup the configuration, meaning the startup-config
kindly advice
Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

Basically the scan policy will collect the running configs. You can configure the PCM to collect more than 1 config for each device. So you have an archive for example 4 configs of each switch. In most cases this should be sufficient as backup concept.

Cheers,

Michael
Ingentive Networks GmbH
abdullah shboull
Frequent Advisor

thx
I find the way by choos the device list and there is a button called export config and you will find the config file on PCM folder