108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve configuration change dates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Veikko Immonen

ProCurve configuration change dates

Hi,

I would need to check the date the configuration on a ProCurve switch (2524 at first, other models later, too) was last changed, preferably using SNMP. Anyone know if it's possible?

I need the date in order to determine whether to pull the configuration for backup or not. I can, of course, accomplish this by pulling the configuration every time and then diff it against the previous one, but that's not too optimized.. :-)
5 REPLIES 5
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

I would recommend you to try the Demo version of Arena Software.

Its available for download at:
www.sphere.ae

It has a very powerfull functionality based on the Standards, LLDP, CDP and other new developed and intelligent protocols.

Don;t forget to assign points my dear :)

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Veikko Immonen

Well what I really need would be the OID that contains that information.. and I'm not willing nor able to use some proprietary Windows-based software to accomplish such a tiny task as getting one variable of data via SNMP.

I snmpwalk'ed the 2524, but I couldn't distinguish the value if it was there. I've got a small hunch that it isn't there, but if someone can prove me wrong, please do so!
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

I don't think there is a value for this that you can find via SNMP. I've also walked the switch and can't see anything that would indicate this.

I think your best bet is what you've suggested and just pull down the configuration each time and compare it. It doesn't take that much bandwidth!
Veikko Immonen

Yeah, guess I'll have to do that then. Just what I thought, but wasn't sure enough myself. Thanks for confirming my hunch!
Veikko Immonen

Ah.. as a forum newbie I didn't know there's a separate closing message. Well, you never stop learning...