Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProCurve switches not saving all settings in flash?

Mats P
Occasional Contributor

ProCurve switches not saving all settings in flash?

Hi!

I have previously asked about how to disable link SNMP up/down traps in the thread below:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1113067&admit=-682735245+1181030545806+28353475

All that is working fine, but we had a power-fail a while ago, and the settings i did in the above post was not saved. I have tried to configure the switch again to not send traps for link up/down, and then do a "write memory", but still when i do a "reload" or a cold reset that configuration is gone.

All other settings like IP/Gateway is preserved it's just the SNMP settings that disables the link up/down traps that's gone.

This is on a ProCurve 2650 with firmware H.07.50, but it's also true on ProCurve 2524 with firmware F.05.17

Is this fixable with a firmware upgrade, or is those settings just not saved?

Mats
1 REPLY
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: ProCurve switches not saving all settings in flash?

I believe it is meant to save your SNMP sets, so definitely try updating to the latest firmware first to see if that helps, if not I would recommend you contact HP support for further assistance.