7760 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with a J4857A module

Domenico Viggiani
Super Advisor

Problem with a J4857A module

Hi,
I tried to insert a redundant management module J4857A in a 9308 routing switch where there is already another J4857A.
These was console messages:

####################################

#Detected module 2 being inserted

Unsupported dma version 0001 at slot 2 dma 0

Unsupported dma version 0001 at slot 2 dma 1

Unsupported dma version 0001 at slot 2 dma 2

Unsupported dma version 0001 at slot 2 dma 3

Bringing up module 2 ...
ERR: ????? slot 2 BRAM bank 0 does not exists

Init DMA
Module 2 is now up and running

Detected standby management module,
But standby management module was removed.

Module 2 was removed and in
Taking down module 2 ...
Module 2 is now deleted
Detected module 2 being inserted
Bringing

###################################

Then switch hangs.
Trying to install this module alone, switch doesn't start.
It seems module is broken.

Because I had it in magazine as spare part since more than 1 year, it is out of warranty.
Is it possible that little and chaper products (like 2512) have a lifetime warranty and this expensive one has only one year?
In any case, in EU there is a mandatory 2 year warranty on all electronic products. I want to claim better support.

Thank you for your attention
Domenico Viggiani
Pitagora S.p.A.
2 REPLIES 2
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problem with a J4857A module

Hi Dom,

This is not the proper channel for your problem because these forums are "staffed" by volunteers. I would strongly suggest that you call HP support ASAP and have them resolve this issue for you.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem with a J4857A module

Hello Domenico Viggiani,

I can understand your frustration about the warranty only being 1 year (looking at the pricedifferance between a blade for a 93xx and a 2512).

But as I understand the EU mandatory warranty of 2 years on all electronic products only apply's to consumer products and this NOT a consumer product. But it can never hurt to contact HP like Hwee Liang Teo said.

Also it is recommended that even if you are stocking parts what warranty ever test them before you put them on the shelf for the later to come "emergency".

Regards,

SCOOTER