108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with basic VLANs and tagging on ProCurve 2626

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

VLAN 101 isn't untagged on your mirror port is it?
Mikko Korsberg
Occasional Advisor

Actually, it is untagged. That might be the reason.. never thought of that. Thanks.
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

I try and ensure that the mirror port I'm using isn't on any VLAN that has much traffic. We don't use VLAN 1 so I usually untag that onto my mirror port.
I still haven't had a chance to test the registry changes to my network adaptor (it's a marvel yukon but the suggested addition didn't appear to work so I might have to do some more playing)
Mikko Korsberg
Occasional Advisor

Mohammed, as Jeff said, you should try getting a new driver that supports 802.1Q for your Marvel NIC. That could work. If I understood right, you changed the registry settings, right? That will work for Intel NICs only, I think.
Anyways, now I've got everything working. Thanks to all.
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

There was a specific entry on the wireshark FAQ for my Marvel Yukon adapter (details below) but it didn't seem to do the trick. I'll see if a driver update sorts it out.

You should add the DWORD Value SkDisableVlanStrip with value of 1 under the registry key: "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\000" , where 000 is the number of the folder for the Marvel ethernet controller.
Mikko Korsberg
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I guess that the dword trick doesn't work for all Marvel chipsets then. Well I hope that you'll find a suitable driver soon.
Mikko Korsberg
Occasional Advisor

Problem with basic VLANs and tagging on ProCurve 2626