1753773 Members
5141 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with hosts in particular vlan

ramjimh
Advisor

Problem with hosts in particular vlan

We have a HP procurve 8212Zl switch with multiple VLans.I can able to ping with other vlans and everything is ok.We have one vlan for sun management and where the sun management console ports are connected.I can able to telnet the sun management console port through switch whereas it cannot be accessed from the Pc, But i can able to ping the sun management vlan through pc and cannot ping the sun management console through pc.Kindly need solution.
3 REPLIES 3
Ugo Bellavance (ATQ)
Frequent Advisor

We need more details. Is routing enabled?

You can ping the management vlan from the PC, but is that the IP address of the vlan configured on the switch? Please make sure that you explain in details.
ramjimh
Advisor

This Vlan is for Sun management Vlan where the sun management console ports are connected.Routing is enabled.IP address are configured for this vlan.Gateway is properly configured for the sun management console ports.

1)Can able to ping the Sun management Vlan for the pc's.
2)For Testing if i connect a laptop and configurebased on sun management vlan i can able to reach to that laptop.

3)I can able to telnet the sunmanagement console if i logn to switch.

Problem : Cannot able to access the sun management console port through PC's directly.
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Can you please post your configuration here and mention to which port the sun management console port is connected and to which port you connect the pc.

Also mention all the IP address (the pc and the sun IP).