Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurve 1700-24, reset not working

Ole Erik Walmann
Occasional Visitor

Procurve 1700-24, reset not working

Hello!

Our company bought two procurve 1700-24 to test vlan and other functions. We changed manage vlan and we thougt we configured the ports correct. Then we lost contact with the switch and we dont get contact with the webinterface on 192.168.2.10.

After a couple of searches on google i found a release note for the latest firmware that mension a bug in the first software that matches my problem exactly.

So, what am i supposed to do? Now i have two switches wich is not working the way i want, and i cannot configure them.. HELP! :-)

Ole Erik
2 REPLIES
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: Procurve 1700-24, reset not working

If you can remember what VLAN ID's you were using, what you can do is connect a second switch with that same VLAN ID tagged to the 1700. On this second switch, add an untagged port in this same VLAN and connect a PC - you should then be able to get back to the web interface of the 1700 and factory reset it from there.

If this doesn't work, you'll need to contact HP for further assistance and possibly to organise replacements.
Ole Erik Walmann
Occasional Visitor

Re: Procurve 1700-24, reset not working

Called hp support and there was a bug in the sowtware. Nothing i could do to it.
Received a replacement switch.