Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753602 Members
6384 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve 2524 CPU Utilization After FW Update...What gives?!?!?

Patrick Ewalt
Occasional Contributor

Procurve 2524 CPU Utilization After FW Update...What gives?!?!?

After I u pdated my FW from 4.something.....to the new 5.05.17, my CPU utilization always stays at 60% plus. This is causing my SNMP and management activites/duties to slow down, or cause the switch to reject connections. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have another switch in the same stack, same deal. One is configured as Commander, the other a member.

It's of minor impact, but would like to fix it.
"Everything SHOULD taste like chicken!"
5 REPLIES 5
Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor

Hi.

Please note that after you boot the switches they will stay in high CPU utilization for quite some time, but it should go down to reasonable figures in 15 minutes or so.

If this goes on still after 15 min, there's something odd indeed. Could you give the show tech command output? That might give some indications.

Arimo
Patrick Ewalt
Occasional Contributor

I'll try to post it up next week, and I'll keep an eye on the utilization. Thanks for the help. TTYL.
Patrick Ewalt
Occasional Contributor

I'll try to post it up next week, and I'll keep an eye on the utilization. Thanks for the help. TTYL.
chris chang_1

call me patrick, and i will tell ya what is wrong with the siwich. ICS had the same problem.

:P
chris chang_1

call me patrick, and i will tell ya what is wrong with the siwich. ICS had the same problem.

:P
chris