Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748116 Members
3488 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve 2626-can no longer access web interface?

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobbieN
Occasional Advisor

Procurve 2626-can no longer access web interface?

Gentlemen, if someone might drop me a line to offer an explanation, I'd be most grateful:

Working on a Procurve 2626 last week, I accessed the CLI menu via serial, setup everything as needed, gave local IP to the switch. Admittedly, I've toggled much of the switch basic information around in various configurations, but I returned to unit to my inital settings needs and fixed IP later...
Only problem is where I was able to access the web driven menus last week, I no longer can post the page this week....despite continually being able to ping the switch...
Without the web-driven menus, configuring VLANS, monitoring and the like becomes well-nigh impossible.
Anyone see this previously? Is there a toggle somewhere that reenables/disables the web driven interface?

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Robbie,

The web management should be enabled, if it is disabled you should see

'no web-management' in the config

If that is there, re-enable it using

'web-management'

Also, i have seen problems before where the operator password is the same as the Admin password. This stopped web management from working, so make sure they are different, or just don't have an operator user on the device.

Where there is a will there is a way...
RobbieN
Occasional Advisor

thanks JA. I'm assuming you mean via telnet would I be able to enable web management, because across serial, there is no such toggle.

operator and admin passwords being the same might in fact be the issue, however...I was trying to keep everything simple...might have made it too simple.
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Have you by any chance enabled IP authorized managers and locked down management to specific IP addresses?

It's quite easy to have a typo and lock yourself out - you'd have to use CLI via serial to undo this.
RobbieN
Occasional Advisor

Yes I suspect in fact that is what I did....CLI interface fine, I finally read thru all the documentation including the MENU command from a prompt.