cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurve 2650-PWR

Russ Vondrasek
Occasional Visitor

Procurve 2650-PWR

I am trying to setup a ProCurve 2650-PWR with 3 VLANS. I need VLAN 1 to host a internal network of about 20 PC's. VLAN 2 needs to host a test enviorment of approx 10 PC's, and the VLAN 3 only needs to have Internet access. I do not want the Internet only VLAN to access either of the other 2 VLANS computers. VLAN 1 and 2 need to access each other, as well as the Internet. I have a Linux server running DHCP for the Internal network. The test enviorment will eventually have it's own server running DHCP for those computers. I have a Netgear router running DHCP for the Internet only computers, using a network of 192.168.79.49 with a subnet of 255.255.255.240. The Internal netowrk is on a 10.10 network. I want to put the test network on a 172 network. I have been trying to find info to read on how to set this up, but I am not having much luck finding what I need to do this. If anyone out there can help,I would be thankful.
3 REPLIES
gesadmin
Advisor

Re: Procurve 2650-PWR

Are you planning enabling the IP Routing functionality in the switch or will you use a separate L3 device to do the inter-vlan routing??
Russ Vondrasek
Occasional Visitor

I want to use the switch itself to handle routing between the vlans. I am not sure how to go about doing that to achieve the results I am after
Deuce
Occasional Advisor

Bump.

I'd like to know the answer to this, too.

I believe it involves:

Enable ip routing
Define an IP for each VLAN

Through the CLI, you need to set the default route a different way:

Instead of "ip default-gateway" you need to use "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 def.aul.tro.ute"

So if your router is 192.168.1.1, you'd use:

"ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1"

Then your systems on the various VLANs can use the IP of the switch on the respective VLANs as their default route and away you go.

This is in theory, of course.