3654 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve 2650 VLAN

mwmilw
Occasional Contributor

Procurve 2650 VLAN

Hi,

We are migrating into a new VLAN environment consisting of two HP 2650 48 port switches. These two switches are Daisy-Chained in connectivity, our Core switch is connected to Sales2 first then from Sales2 to Sales1 (which is the end of the chain).

I made an incorrect setting on Sales1 causing no connectivity to it's Web GUI, and is completely unreachable. To access it I use the wired port on the back.

These switches were moving from Default_VLAN(1) to VLAN4 (CLIENTS), Sales2 switch working correctly.

Is there a command to erase all the settings on the Sales1 switch to start over? And if i do this, will any clients in Sales1 be able to travel through the chain (even if they are not on VLAN4)?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: Procurve 2650 VLAN

You can do an 'erasse startup' to start again from scratch.

If you were to untag VLAN4 on the Sales2 port that connects to Sales1, it would ensure that all users on Sales1 were not affected during this reconfiguration.... but it's probably better to do after hours.

You can attach your configurations here and a network map if you need further help.
mwmilw
Occasional Contributor

Excellent, and as I was reading through documentation I came across the "erase startup-config" command so I'll give that a shot.

more later!

thanks
mwmilw
Occasional Contributor

Alright,

"Erase startup-config" righted the situation, bringing me back to setup and restoring all ports to VLAN1 (Default).

I created the same VLAN's all over again then tried moving port 19 (on Sales1)to VLAN4, which should have made that machine jump from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.4.x . All that happened was complete communication loss for that machine.

Is there anything special I need to get this working?
Chris Stave
Advisor

If the machine in question is a Windows XP computer, you may have to do the following (or just reboot it)
Start-->Run-->[in the box, type]cmd
In the CMD window, run
C:\>ipconfig /release
C:\>ipconfig /renew

This will force the computer to get rid of its current ip address and ask for a new one.