1753360 Members
5389 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Procurve 2910al Routing Question

Nik K.

Procurve 2910al Routing Question

Hi,
I'm fairly new to using a switch that is as advanced as the procurve and have a question thats specific to the setup I want on my network.

In my network we have 2 internal networks (192.168.0.x and 192.168.225.x), and two outside ips (64.x.x.x and 65.x.x.x). I would like to set up something where i can choose which external ip the internal network will get.

Can this be set up on the switch? How can this be done? and can you direct me to the resources i would need to properly set this up.

Thanks In Advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Nik,

Afaik there is no nat function on a 2910al,

you need to have a (nat) router infront of the 2910al.
Abderrazak
Occasional Advisor

I have a client that has an HP infrastrucutre .... I'm curious if they can use CISCO SFP-GLC-SX-MM 

Will I be able to use this SFP in the HP switch 2910al to connect fiber to their HP?   Are all SFP's pretty  much considered the same?   (this would be a GLC-SX-MM ..)

Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Hi,

no, procurve does not allow non-procurve gbics, they will not come online ( I heard it would be related to the lifetime warranty, some bad gbic have caused damage on the internal interfaces in the past, so HP warranty had to replace the switch, while the root cause was the gbic)

Best regards,Peter