1753806 Members
7617 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Procurve 6600 as CAS Array Load Balancer

George Mandiliotis
Occasional Advisor

Procurve 6600 as CAS Array Load Balancer

Hello, i have a (maybe stupid and sorry about that) question. We are implementing a solution for a customer and we have 2 DL380 G6 with a 4 node LeftHand and 2 Procurve 6600-48G-4XG for ISCSI and Public networks (for high availability reasons). The DL serves uses Win2008 Ent R2 and are Hyper-V nodes. Each one has one VMachine with Win2008 R2 Ent. and Exchange 2010 Std with DAG for database high availability. Everything is working just fine right now but we need to provide HA for Exchange CAS role also, so Outlook clients still can connect to mail databases even when one server goes down. So we have 2 options: To create 2 more VM, buy 2 more Exchange 2010 Std Licenses and use Windows NLB to create a CAS Array, or to use a Hardware Load Balancer device. My question is this:
Is there any way to use my 2 Procurve as Hardware Load Balancers to avoid buing more exchange licenses and reduce our costs?
Thank you in advance,
George
1 REPLY 1
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: Procurve 6600 as CAS Array Load Balancer

Hello George,

sorry, but there is no way to use them as load-balancer. Maybe you should take a look at the products of F5 Networks.

Regards,
Patrick

PS: http://www.msxfaq.de/e2010/2serverdag.htm

It's in german but take a look at the IP-Failover configuration.
Best regards,
Patrick