cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurve Manager 'EASE sampler' error

Craig Anderson_5
Occasional Visitor

Procurve Manager 'EASE sampler' error

We recently replaced a server running Toptools with a new box running Procurve Manager Plus. To keep things simple, we used the same IP address for the new machine as was on the old one.

However, I'm now receiving the following frequent error from most of our 2524 switches -

"EASE sampler for segment x.x.x.x_port_x is owned by another manager (owner=X.X.X.X;;;;)"

The 'other manager' address listed is the current ip address for our new Procurve Manager Plus system so I'm confused as to what the error could mean. (SNMP parameters remained the same when we switched servers). Perhaps all of these switches just need a reboot but seeing as that will take some doing I thought I'd ask first :-)

TIA,
Craig

Ps - we do have the new 'trafficd.exe' file which solved one of the other errors we were receiving...
4 REPLIES
Eirram_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Procurve Manager 'EASE sampler' error

Hello Craig,
Just curious, are you seeing this message in the 2524 event log? Or does it appear on the PCM server?
Cheers,
Eirram
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

I'm believe you are going to have to reboot your 2524s. That's because they were sending traffic data to your old TopTools. When your PCM+ came online, it was a different tool and the switches refused to send traffic data to it.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
Craig Anderson_5
Occasional Visitor

I'm seeing the errors on the PCM server.

I'll reboot the switches over the weekend and see if this solves it (I suspect it will).

Thanks for the responses!

Craig
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

That would be correct. PCM asked the switches for traffic data but the switches were expecting TopTools so the switches rejected PCM. PCM would then log an error in its log.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.