1752586 Members
4072 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

SOLVED
Go to solution

No I don't. Just to make sure I have this issu when I do a manual scan (timeout) and I have a funny little red icon with nothing in the help file to match it. I will later on get access to the switch and disable the enable exec user level plus makes some other test and check log files. Will post later tonigt.

I have the optiview console software and don't have any problem with this.

I tried to put manually the IOS software in the download directory but it didn't see it even after restarting the service like it was explained in the FAQ section. I guess I will install a client PCM with internet access on another PC.

Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

I am sorry, I am a little lost now, are you trying a Configuration Scan or a Firmware Update?

I am sorry too, It's totally a different thing. I shouldn't bring this in this thread. If we go back on this problem it was a config scan I am talking about
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

:-) np, i think if you look at the log file we can take it from there.

I will go over and reply you later on

I submitted the case to HP support. I spent 2 hours with them over the phone anf they could not find the problem. I have no problem with the 2524 and 4108. I can go to CLI to send a command and make a scan with them. I think the problem is in the software
I can telnet with a DOS prompt the 9304 but I have a timeout with the CLI through PCM+. The telnet password is the same as the switch. I tried both local username/password and super-user-password.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Are your switches setup to defualt to the menu or the command prompt? Make sure they are set to the command prompt and not the menu.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Can you telnet from PCM+ to the 9304?
BTW did you see anything in the log file?

I never touch the setup of the switch, the 9304 is setup to command prompt the way I would think, telnet to CLI mode.

Yes I can telnet to the switch. Scan and CLI through the PCM+ NOT I have a timeout. I even play with the timer.

Today, HP told me they don't see why it doesn't work. They ask me to sniff the packets when I do a scan/CLI.