Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

SOLVED
Go to solution

Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

I have nothing in the IP authorized manager tab
Everything seems to work except that.
I have over 100 Procurve switches with IP authorized configured on every switches.

Does anybody have any clue with this problem ?
25 REPLIES
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Re: Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

One thing to check is make sure that your managment community name's read access does NOT have Operator access. This could be why you are not seeing the Authorized manager list.

Try setting it to Manager and see if that works.

Ok I will try it. What is the difference between operator restricted and manager restricted ? Do I have more priviledge read access this way (no write access) ?
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor
Solution

Basically the Operator/Manager sets the MIB view, so the Operator give you access to all the MIBs except the Config MIB.
The Restricted/Unrestricted is to allow you to write to these MIB views.

So in the case you state you are correct, you have more MIBs to view in Manager Restricted.

Ok thanks for the quick reply, it resolved my problem.

Now, I have to find why I cannot scan the 9304. I have a scan timeout and cannot read the config. If i understood right, PCM telnet the switch with my password. But I think I have to disable the user exec level (need to type enable) so I will go directly to the full exec level where the telnet password is put in.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Actually just make sure that you have entered the correct SNMP passwords in PCM.

To test if you have the correct passwords open up Device Manager and see if you can access and change the settings.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

I might have been a little vague in my previous post, what i meant was you needed to set the SNMP Community Names (little key icon).

I don't have access to the switch right now, but I am sure I have the correct SNMP name. I can see all the port setting. Is it using telnet when it does a scan or really SNMP ?

I have public for read access and private name for write access set in the PCM device key.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

A combination of SNMP and TFTP.
So do you have a firewall between PCM and the 9304 that might be blocking the TFTP traffic?
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

One thing you can do is try a Config Scan and then look at \PCM\server\logs\CFG-CfgMgr.log go to the end of the file and see what the message reads.

That might give you more info on the issue.

No I don't. Just to make sure I have this issu when I do a manual scan (timeout) and I have a funny little red icon with nothing in the help file to match it. I will later on get access to the switch and disable the enable exec user level plus makes some other test and check log files. Will post later tonigt.

I have the optiview console software and don't have any problem with this.

I tried to put manually the IOS software in the download directory but it didn't see it even after restarting the service like it was explained in the FAQ section. I guess I will install a client PCM with internet access on another PC.

Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

I am sorry, I am a little lost now, are you trying a Configuration Scan or a Firmware Update?

I am sorry too, It's totally a different thing. I shouldn't bring this in this thread. If we go back on this problem it was a config scan I am talking about
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

:-) np, i think if you look at the log file we can take it from there.

I will go over and reply you later on

I submitted the case to HP support. I spent 2 hours with them over the phone anf they could not find the problem. I have no problem with the 2524 and 4108. I can go to CLI to send a command and make a scan with them. I think the problem is in the software
I can telnet with a DOS prompt the 9304 but I have a timeout with the CLI through PCM+. The telnet password is the same as the switch. I tried both local username/password and super-user-password.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Are your switches setup to defualt to the menu or the command prompt? Make sure they are set to the command prompt and not the menu.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Can you telnet from PCM+ to the 9304?
BTW did you see anything in the log file?

I never touch the setup of the switch, the 9304 is setup to command prompt the way I would think, telnet to CLI mode.

Yes I can telnet to the switch. Scan and CLI through the PCM+ NOT I have a timeout. I even play with the timer.

Today, HP told me they don't see why it doesn't work. They ask me to sniff the packets when I do a scan/CLI.

I did a quick check to the log file but it's hard to read. I will take more time later on when I capture the packets
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

If you'd like to post the log file and i can look at it for you.
What I would do;
1-Re-start the PCM server (this will create a new log file)
2-run the client and only scan that 9304
3-then post \server\logs\CFG-CfgMgr.log

ok I'm busy right now. I will do it later on tonight. In about 2 hours from now.
Mario Gauthier_3
Occasional Visitor

Here is the file

can see the TFTP timeout but why?

I have no TFTP server running in back for sure and...
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Actually there is an tftp server running in PCM to software updates and configuration pulls.

I am not very familiar with the 9304 but is it possible that you configured the box somehow stopping tftp configuration transfer to PCM?

Basically the log is saying that PCM waited for the 9304 to send it the config file and it didn't.

One thing to try loggin in the 9304 and frmo the command line send the configration file to the PCM server.