108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

SOLVED
Go to solution

Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

I have nothing in the IP authorized manager tab
Everything seems to work except that.
I have over 100 Procurve switches with IP authorized configured on every switches.

Does anybody have any clue with this problem ?
25 REPLIES 25
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Re: Procurve Manager : Nothing in IP authorized manager tab

One thing to check is make sure that your managment community name's read access does NOT have Operator access. This could be why you are not seeing the Authorized manager list.

Try setting it to Manager and see if that works.

Ok I will try it. What is the difference between operator restricted and manager restricted ? Do I have more priviledge read access this way (no write access) ?
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor
Solution

Basically the Operator/Manager sets the MIB view, so the Operator give you access to all the MIBs except the Config MIB.
The Restricted/Unrestricted is to allow you to write to these MIB views.

So in the case you state you are correct, you have more MIBs to view in Manager Restricted.

Ok thanks for the quick reply, it resolved my problem.

Now, I have to find why I cannot scan the 9304. I have a scan timeout and cannot read the config. If i understood right, PCM telnet the switch with my password. But I think I have to disable the user exec level (need to type enable) so I will go directly to the full exec level where the telnet password is put in.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Actually just make sure that you have entered the correct SNMP passwords in PCM.

To test if you have the correct passwords open up Device Manager and see if you can access and change the settings.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

I might have been a little vague in my previous post, what i meant was you needed to set the SNMP Community Names (little key icon).

I don't have access to the switch right now, but I am sure I have the correct SNMP name. I can see all the port setting. Is it using telnet when it does a scan or really SNMP ?

I have public for read access and private name for write access set in the PCM device key.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

A combination of SNMP and TFTP.
So do you have a firewall between PCM and the 9304 that might be blocking the TFTP traffic?
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

One thing you can do is try a Config Scan and then look at \PCM\server\logs\CFG-CfgMgr.log go to the end of the file and see what the message reads.

That might give you more info on the issue.