1753931 Members
9750 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve Manager Remote Client can't find server

Kelly Hickel
Occasional Contributor

Procurve Manager Remote Client can't find server

I've just installed the latest PCM (moved from TopTools), and I'm trying to get the remote client to work, without much success. Once installed, if you try to run it, the server discovery window comes up for awhile, the progress bar moves across the screen, but it doesn't find the PCM server. I've tried typing in the ip address and hostname, I've tried specifying the hostname on the javaw line, I've read the FAQ and tried the suggested changes to riptide.cfg and access.txt, but no joy. The symptoms never change, and I haven't been able to find any log files or get any clue as to what the problems are.

The client machine is attached to the same Procurve switch that the PCM server is, so there aren't any firewall or routing issues. The PCM server is running windows 2000 server, and there's no firewall software on that machine.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Kelly
3 REPLIES 3
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Procurve Manager Remote Client can't find server

Well... you failed to mention what OS the client is. If it is XP/SP2, you do have a firewall that may be in the way.
Kelly Hickel
Occasional Contributor

That's true, I didn't say, but one of the machiens that I've tried from is XP/SP1 and the other is w2k Pro.

-Kelly
Bengholam

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have PCM+ 2.3 (server & client) running on the same machine (Win XP SP2), and when running the client, it does not find any server even if I have put the server IP into commIpAddr.txt.
Any help?

Thanks a lot :)