108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve Manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Costa Lambrinos
Occasional Advisor

Procurve Manager

I'm having problems collecting Traffic statistics from a 5308 switch running 8.01 firmaware(had the same problem with 7.40). It just keeps saying no data and trying to connect. I can do everything else like connect to device manager and update SNMP settings, I receive snmp traps from the switch, I can retrive the config, send commands to update the config, everthing works fine except for the statistics. I tried on various machines they all have the same problem. What makes it even weirder is sometimes it works just out of the blue. I close it go home and in the morning same problem!! running PCM+ A1.09 with patch-a applied. Any ideas would be appreciated. This has got to be a bug!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

try setting your read and write snmp community names to public.
Costa Lambrinos
Occasional Advisor

read and write community strings are both set to public already. This is the most basic configuration set up. I think it might have something to do with that patch but havent finished testing yet.

Are you able to collect data from other HP Procurve switches?

I am using a server to collect data for my HP ProCurve switches,but I found that there requires to be a user logged in so as the data collection process runs. Plus the read only SNMP has to be public.
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Costa,

Set the community to public and then delete the switch (do not re-discover). Then manually discover the switch by IP. That should do the trick.

SCOOTER
Costa Lambrinos
Occasional Advisor

That did the trick scooter but i lost my configs. Is there a way to backup the configs and restore them in case this happens again?

Thanks